To book your driving lesson


Follow us


Driving outside UK

With UK licence if you want to drive abroad, there are certain things below to make ensure:

Driving abroad:

You need your UK driving licence to drive abroad. You might also need an International Driving Permit in some non-EU countries.

Driving in Europe:
You are allowed to use your UK driving licence in all EU or European Economic Area (EEA) countries, and Switzerland.

For rules in other European countries check with a motoring organisation like the AA or the RAC.

Driving outside the EU/EEA:
You may need an International Driving Permit to drive outside the EU/EEA

Check first with the AA.

Getting an International Driving Permit:

You can get an International Driving Permit directly from the AA, the RAC or the Post Office.

International Driving Permits cost £5.50 and you must:

  • Be a UK or Northern Ireland resident
  • Have passed your driving test
  • Be 18 or over

Advice on driving in specific countries:
The AA and the RAC have advice on driving in specific countries, including information on compulsory equipment.

Hiring a car:
If you’re hiring a car, the hire company may ask for a ‘check code’ so they can view your driving record.

Moving abroad:
If you move abroad, check with the driving licence authorities there to find out how to get a local driving licence.

Lesson's that are cancelled within 24 hours will be charged at the normal hourly lesson rate

Back to Top